Convex with High-Bond are great MX decal materials when making decals and stickers for dirt bike plastics and other hard to stick to surfaces. Our materials for making shroud graphics, number plates, and stickers are very flexible and can be printed on with thermal transfer, solvent, eco-solvent, latex, and UV inkjet printers. Convex has an excellent shelf life and won’t shrink or leave adhesive ooze around the outside of your graphics.
There are four main issues when it comes to material for motocross graphics and stickers:
- Conforming to the curves of the bike
- Sticking to the plastics and metals
- At least a 2 year shelf life
- Durability – resistance to abrasion
You need a full stable of MX graphic materials: once printed, decals and stickers for MX bikes need to be laminated to protect the graphics. You have a choice of laminates that are matched to the Convex High-Bond material with the right adhesive so they don’t come apart. The laminates are Pro-Shield, and Stubbl.
- Pro-Shield is glossy, harder, less conformable, and more abrasion resistant.
- Stubbl is rough texture for traction and grasping the bike
We recommend Convex as the laminate of choice for very curvy number plates (especially on the pipe side of smaller bikes). It is not as abrasion resistant as Pro-Shield.
You can use a complete Convex construction for the whole bike, but for rougher pro-riders who wear knee braces and rub hard against the shrouds, 12 mil Pro-Shield should be the laminate of choice for durability a gloss look.
Some professional graphic shops choose to use the combination of High-Bond with Pro-Shield for the whole bike. Pro-Shield laminated graphics should be heated with a heat gun to make them softer and more pliable when conforming to curves. Unless the consumer knows how to apply Pro-Shield laminated graphics with a heat gun, use Convex laminate and leave the Pro-Shield for the Pro applicators.
With that said, no decal or sticker will last forever. So we are giving you choices of softness and thickness in the laminates.
Convex base materials are available in a variety of constructions to fit your needs. Both base and laminates are specifically made to apply over the curves of modern bikes, helmets, ATVs, cars, and sport gear. All the materials are available in short rolls so you can decide what’s right for you.
6 mil Convex High-Bond
with 12 mil Pro-Shield
MX Bikes, ATVs
6 mil Convex High-Bond
with 7 mil Pro-Shield
Complex Curves & MX Bike Numberplates
Gerber EDGE FX Thermal Printer
The Edge FX dominates spot-color color printing with opaque, mirror, and metallic colors used for brands and logos. Generate opaque and reflective effects impossible to achieve with other printer types. Thermal is the most durable form of printing.
- Spot colors (consistent from one job to another), metallics, and white. Flood coating.
- Most durable production on a wider variety of materials than ink jets. More versatile.
- Integrated sprocket drives enables easy alignment of laminated graphics, back slitting and die cutting, printing two sides, and printing on 2nd surface.
Summa Thermal Printer
Summa printers are wide format thermal printers
- Some printers my not be compatible – contact us to be sure.